Replenish: Second Weekend of Sabbatical

There were some great highlights from this last weekend. It started Friday with the Burn at Jesus Center in Torrance. As usual, Lisa created a space for encountering Jesus. There is a powerful dynamic in churches embracing what is most important together: our common need and connection to Christ Jesus, our Head.
Set list

Here is a link to the sound cloud recorded by Nathan Smith of our time leading worship. It was fun to lead worship in a room full of people eager to connect with Jesus.


Annika came home from a fantastic week in Washington DC with her eighth grade class from Christ Lutheran. She brings such an vibrant and important dynamic to our family life.

Soccerless Saturday was lazy! We had a picnic and hike at a certain "not-to-be-named" presidential candidate's RPV beach with the Borgens.

We have been meeting monthly with 5 ministry couples for the last 3 years. We belly laugh, and cry, and pray, and eat, and drink, and encourage. The Johnsons, Andersons, Mabrys, and Kings are champs, and we love them. We had so much fun, I forgot to get my phone out and take a picture. Here is one from a few years ago. We make sure to wear clerical attire.
Sunday's have been tough for me. I deal with undiagnosed F.O.M.O. (Fear of missing out), and I know I missed out on a great day at Trinity as Jorge Olivares shared his testimony and Revolution youth band led worship. I heard great reports of story that could only be described as His-story.
While Jorge was sharing, I was sitting at Ladera Linda watching soccer. Good stuff!
After the game, Peter and I buzzed over to Rolling Hills Covenant for their 11.15am worship service called, "The Gathering." It was great seeing lots of friends. Pastor Byron MacDonald is a servant of the Word and a servant. He preached a fine sermon from Luke 12.13-21. I told Peter, "That is the Hall's grandpa." Peter said, "Wow, I thought he'd be taller." I said, "He's sitting on a stool."
In the evening, we enjoyed going to the 25th episode of Canvas http://www.canvaspresents.com/. Vibrant visual and audio creativity married to gracious hospitality. It's amazing how community can be created in a few hours. Dinner with the Kings (two nights in a row)-perfect!


Plus, we got to see our dear friends, the Woesners!
Also, parking in Marina Del Rey:
Joy said she married me for my parallel parking mad skilllz. Thanks to driver's training in Seattle!
Today, I'm finishing Isaiah, and it is messing with me in a good way! Isaiah 55-57 and my takeaway is that Sabbath is connected to covenant fidelity. Duh! But, good!
Isaiah 56.6. It is tiring to hold fast God's covenant, when there are no reserves, no margin, no sabbath. His covenant is more delightful when you have enjoyed the benefits of being God's covenant recipient and partner. You are God's covenant recipient and partner! Enjoy your status--I am!
Peace all! Will check in later in the week!
Love, Nathan



Comments

Dorothy said…
Glad you are enjoying your time! Love reading the updates! And we loved seeing you and Joy and meeting the Kings at Canvas!

Popular Posts