"The Ministry of Intercession" Day 9

We met again this morning from 6-7am to pray through the last weeks focuses from Andrew Murray's 31 day guide. The more we pray the more our sentiment seems serious: We need You, Oh we need You. Every hour we need You!

Today our focus is more broadly global, yet more focused on our true need. No matter how many requests. No matter how long the list. We need the Holy Spirit.

What to Pray: For God's Spirit on Our Mission Work

Acts 13.3-4 "And when the had fasted and prayed...they sent them away. So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed.

Joy and I are praying member of the World Mission Prayer League. Before they were World Mission Prayer League, they were just the "Prayer League." After praying for a season, some couldn't help by go, and the others couldn't help but send. Sounds like Acts 13! When the Spirit of prayer gets ahold of us, we recognize the Spirit of misssion is the same Holy Spirit. Murray, "A Spirit-filled, praying church will send out Spirit-filled missionaries, mighty in prayer" (183).

Nearly all of Trinity's missionaries are organically connected to our ministry. We didn't find them somewhere. We sent them! We love them. I remember suggesting we cease supporting one mission partner early in my time at Trinity because I hadn't heard much about their mission. You'd have thought I suggested worshipping a golden calf. I soon regreted my suggestion! Looking back, I'm glad I suggested it, because I've heard alot about the vital work and connection this missionary has. I'm more glad we didn't cease support. 

Lord of the nations, You are our beautiful Savior. May you be the most beautiful One in our mission partner's lives, families, and in their message. Through the Holy Spirit's powerful intercession, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts