Prayers for Wayward Children


Monday: Today we pray together for those who are prone to wander.

Luke 15 11 And he said, "There was a man who had two sons. 12 And the younger of them said to his father, 'Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.' And he divided his property between them. 13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living.

Let us pray: Prone to wander, Lord I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love. Here’s my heart, Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above. Lord, there are times that I am prone to wander. Seal my heart to Your own. Give me the compassion for wanderers that you have for me.


Tuesday: Today we pray together for those who are lost and far away.

Luke 15 14 And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs. 16 And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything.

Let us pray: Father, You love our loved ones more than we love them. We plead Your grace for those who are far away. Maybe they are running from You. Maybe they were taken captive by the enemy. However they got away, we know they are not too far from Your reach. Jesus, as Your cross was planted into the broken earth, so plant a demonstration of Your love into their broken heart. Holy Spirit, brood over my loved one, and call them from darkness to light. Bring order to their chaos, and interpret God’s loving Word to them. In Jesus’ name.

Comments

Popular Posts