77 days



Dear Praying Friends,
Jesus' grace to you today!
I mentioned it on Sunday, but wanted to include those of you who may have been gone. My friend Colleen, sent me her prayer list for our congregation. It so resonated with God's heart, it was like a wake up call from God. I would like to call our congregation to pray these 11 petitions for the next 11 weeks. That's 77 days of prayer! We had an amazing response on Sunday to the call for prayer. I won't sent this mass email again, but if you would like to receive regular prayer updates during this season of prayer, please respond, and say, "I will pray with you."
These are the dates we will start praying for the themes listed below.

Sunday May 2, hundreds of people coming to Christ,
Sunday May 9, old animosities being removed,
Sunday May 16, marriages being reconciled and renewed,
Sunday May 23, wayward children coming home,
Sunday May 30, long-standing slavery to sin being conquered,
Sunday June 6, spiritual dullness being replaced by vibrant joy,
Sunday June 13, weak faith being replaced by bold witness,
Sunday June 20, disinterest in prayer being replaced by fervent intercession,
Sunday June 27, boring Bible reading being replaced by passion for the Word,
Sunday July 4, disinterest in global missions being replaced by energy for Christ’s name among the nations, and
Sunday July 11, lukewarm worship being replaced by zeal for the greatness of God’s glory.

The first petition is for hundreds of people coming to Christ.
I am convinced that our call to bless those around us with the grace of God, is based on WHO Jesus is.
If you had all authority in heaven and earth, what would you do? What car would you drive? What neighborhood would you live in? What TV would you watch? Where would you travel? What would you change in the world?
Jesus has this. "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age. (Matthew 28.18-20 ESV).
All authority is our Lord's, and His greatest desire is people. People you know. People you love. People you don't care much for. People that are similar to you. People vastly different from you.
Pray with me, "Jesus, show me Your heart for the people around me. How much do you love them? Help me love them like you do! Amen

Thanks for praying with me!
+Nathan

Comments

NSK said…
Oh that we would see each encounter with the eyes of Christ. To see what it is that He would have us to say, do or be in that very moment to that special person. Lord teach us to see others with your eyes and your heart. May learn to trust You to give us the acts and words we need to reach others.

Popular Posts