Replenish: Something I'll miss starting tomorrow

Sabbatical begins tomorrow in the early afternoon. Surprising things impact me these days. I have presided at the Lord's Supper 8 times in the last 2 days in our prayer chapel at our weekly prayer times and in six different living rooms. I teared up at 4 or 5 of those celebrations. I take for granted how often I get to participate in Jesus' "as often as you do this." I'm going to miss that. Even though I am putting my Communion set away for 4 months, I am still wearing a yoke. My yoke is to the person and ministry of Jesus, and now Jesus is calling me to a lighter yoke for a little while. 
"The apostles returned to Jesus and told him all that they had done and taught. And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going... (Mark 6:30-31 ESV)

Comments

Popular Posts