Replenish: Parts of sabbatical begin today

Dear ones, Jesus' grace!
It was a joy to celebrate with God Rock's Kids Choir, as the presented Kingdom Connection this last weekend. I love the environment that has been created for kids to minister, use their gifts, experience challenge in a safe environment, deal with failure, deal with success, and learn about Christian community. I'm grateful for my wife, Joy as she leads an army of committed people who care about these goals. I'm also grateful to Trinity for recognizing this ministry as valuable and covering the costs related.
The commissioning prayer time for our family was touching. Both Joy and I expected to feel joy and some relief as this sabbatical time is upon us, but we were surprised by another feeling. We both felt grief. Sounds stupid to feel grief right before you have four months off, but we both did. Walking home from worship, Joy said it first, and I said, "me too!" Even now, writing about it brings another wave. We love you, Trinity. I love you, Trinity! Yes, I love you as a pastor should love his flock, but more than that. I love being a part of Trinity. If I was looking for a church to join (church shopping 🤓), and I showed up to Trinity, I would look at my family over lunch and say, "We just found OUR church!" I suppose the grief we feel is connected to this temporary loss. We will miss you!
My sabbatical doesn't start until lunchtime on Friday, but I'm starting a Facebook sabbatical today. I plan on a weekly blog post to keep you up-to-date. 
Jesus' peace!
Nathan

Comments

Unknown said…
I haven't been at Trinity very long (give me time, I'll fix that!), but I'm pretty sure if Trinity went pastor shopping and Nathan Hoff showed up, we'd say "We just found OUR pastor"!
Nathan Hoff said…
Aww, thanks Matt! I'm grateful for you and your family, and the family of Jesus at Trinity!

Popular Posts