Why I Appreciate Trinity Reason 5: Receptive & Generous

Open hands could be Trinity’s logo. Those open hands are receptive and generous. You freely receive grace, forgiving, blessing, healing, reconciliation, and the whole ministry of Jesus. You pray “Thy Kingdom come” and then you look for it and receive it. Like the catechism says, “But we pray in this petition that it may come to us also” (2nd Petition of the Lord’s Prayer). I know you receive deeply and freely because you give so deeply and freely.

After you responded in such an overwhelming way to the call to purchase a new campus for Courage House in Tanzania, I wrote to my parents, Joy’s parents, and some of my mentors:
Beloved Trinity said, "This is God's project." The Elders and then the Church Council said, "Nathan, don't lead us cautiously, LEAD US COURAGEOUSLY!" A teacher shoved 1K in Joy's purse the first Sunday and said, "Now you just have to raise 59K." Anonymous said, "I have a 10K matching gift, I'd like to challenge Trinity to give over and above their normal giving." Another Anonymous did the same. I have about 42 other encouraging stories about how it happened, but in less than a week, 60K, then more than 60K came in! That was Monday of this week. We bought the campus yesterday (Ash Wednesday). One week to raise the funds, distribute the funds, legally attain possession of the campus! This morning I watched a video as the girls found out, and then went and toured the new campus. They screamed! They danced! They sang a song Stephanie Midthun wrote called, "Jubilee!"  Jubilee! The slave can be free! The land can be redeemed! A Divine reset button has been pushed! 
If you were only generous, it would be unsustainable. If you were only receivers, you would be consumeristic. Because you are receptive and generous, you are healthy. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love you, Trinity.

Comments

Popular Posts