Free online access to ESV Study Bible during March


Crossway, a publisher of the ESV Bible, is making free trial during the month of March of their online Study Bible. As I understand it, until now the online version was only available for purchasers of their print version. You can signup at http://www.esvstudybible.org/online

I use their site for accessing the ESV version. I search for words like in a concordance, I have it find verses for me, I copy and paste it into other things I am working on, I have it read the text to me, and I even have subscribed to one of their reading plans and have it delivered to me via Google Reader.

I have been using http://www.youversion.com/ as a personal daily journal. I like journal format with the text on the left, a journal area on the right, and a minimum of distractions.

I have hesitated to share this as you may now want to judge the value of the software or website by what you see in my attitude and actions. (I resist putting bumper stickers on my car as my driving may negate the message on the sticker.) So please check these out for yourself.

Have you tried any of the online Bibles? Post in a comment any benefits you discovered that might encourage others. (But only if you have already been in the Word today. ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts