What Motivated Trinity Equipping Institute?

Where did Trinity Equipping Institute come from?

1. The 21 martyrs on the beach of Libya and the call to discipleship. When I heard the news of their martyrdom, I asked, "Where did they get such deep roots?" I found out that there is a depth of discipleship in the Coptic Church that comes from profound commitment to Biblical equipping and cultural engagement. We have done a poor job of these two things in American Christianity.
2. My own experience of numbness and the call to an affectionate heart. A few months ago, my wife suggested (not too subtly) that I look for someone to help get to the bottom of some of my nagging coldness of heart. We brainstormed some thoughts, and I believe, the Lord led me to a wonderful Christian Spiritual Director who is helping me engage my heart with the heart of God.
3. The abundance of theological wackiness and trivialness and the call to core theological foundations. In a church that is more interested in success (leading to self-righteousness or despair), four blood moons (leading to fear), and speculations (leading to controversies and distractions), we have nearly ignored or grown bored (?) of the apostolic and prophetic foundations that actually give life to the church, and provide something on which to build that life.
4. A brainstormed list of nearly 90 youngish folks that Jesus is walking by, like he walked by Peter and Andrew, Philip and Nathanael, and said, "Follow me." Jesus knows each of these 90 intimately, and wants to heal, equip, and send them into His world. I feel compelled to join Jesus in calling these into costly discipleship.
5. A vision that will never be seen in real life, unless servant leaders are equipped to join in the ministry of Jesus Christ (pastoral epistles).
6. A course that isn't practical at the expense of the theological, isn't so heavenly minded it is no earthly good, but comprehensively embraces the conversion of head and heart, and the calling of the hands into the service of God's kingdom.
7. I feel a general call from God in His word to train, but I feel a timely call from God to invest in this group.
Click here if you want to know more?

Comments

Popular Posts