Yes, and,


I'm happy and hopeful.
Actually, I'm happy because I'm hopeful.
Is there bad news all around?
Yes, AND,

1. Vulnerable life is under attack. Yes, and, there are signs all around of those less vulnerable defending the more vulnerable. Life really is valuable and beautiful! Check out this powerful blog entry from Gungor, and song.

2. Congregations are fragile and her human stewards failing. Yes, and, Jesus is the Lord of the Church and defends her like a jealous husband. Check out 1 Corinthians 3. We are serious about growing at Trinity. This means growing healthier too. Creating a Healthier Church by Ronald W Richardson has been a helpful tool. So has this video


3. I face trials that sometimes make me want to give up. Yes, and, Jesus meets me everyday and nourishes me with His Gospel promises. Today it was the glorious vision of the throne room in Revelation 4, along with Bishop Bo Giertz' commentary from To Live With Christ.

4. Pew Research Center statistics for the church in America are stinky. Yes, and, have you heard what is going on around the world? Listen my sermon from this last Sunday (It will be uploaded sometime this week) on Naaman and the trafficked girl from 2 Kings 5 and God's refusal to let anyone be unseen, forgotten about, and left out. The New Shape of World Christianity by Mark Noll is encouraging me.

5. Following crime sites on Facebook can be depressing. Yes, and, God is busy renewing urban areas. I dare you to be discouraged after reading Redeemer Presbyterian's City to City website. Or Substance Minneapolis. Or Trinity Grace New York. Or the LA Archdiocese and the announcement of these new bishops that will be a great blessing to the city. Fr Barron is one of the finest communicators and ablest apologist in the modern church. Fr Joe was our wonderful neighboring priest at Holy Trinity in San Pedro. After meeting him, I said, "He will be a bishop one day." Or this awesome article/video from HTB London and Nicky Gumbel.


Can you add a "yes, and,"

Comments

Popular Posts