Healthiest churches

I just did a Google search for "the healthiest churches". I was curious as to what qualities various people were using in determining the "healthiest churches". I had just read a blog by Mark Batterson where he wrote:
I cannot cite a verse or a study, but I honestly believe that the healthiest churches are churches that laugh the most. I'd also add cry the most to that. They are churches that feel deeply, feel freely. The gospel isn't just in their heads. It's in their hearts.

At the top and bottom of the Google search page was this suggestion from the great Google:
"Did you mean: the wealthiest churches "
Is it possible that the great Google, based on similarity of words and frequency of searches that they were helpfully asking if instead of "healthiest", I must have really meant "wealthiest"?

What do you think?


As I write this I was reminded of a short conversation of a couple of weeks ago. It occured after a service where the Kids Rock were up front leading worship, I told one of the "kids" that they did great. She said, "I knew we did good because I could see it on some of the peoples' faces." I asked her what she could see. She replied, "I saw tears. I saw tears running down the faces of five people."

Comments

Nathan Hoff said…
That's what I'm talkin about! Thanks Alan.

Popular Posts