why people like Jesus

I stumbled across this blog, Levite Chronicles, a couple of weeks ago by Jon Swanson, a man I don't know and have never met, but it seemed that he loved Jesus. His post s has been on my mind many times since so I thought I would pass it on.

He starts off with:
One of my fundamental life questions comes from Luke 15. Why did “tax collectors and sinners” like to, choose to, want to hang around Jesus? This is particularly compelling to me as it seems that the same is generally not true about church. Sinners and tax collectors generally do not choose to show up around church. Or invite church to show up around “them”.
He summarizes the passage from Luke 15 as:
Jesus talked about a shepherd who has 100 sheep and when counting them at the end of the day, discovers that one has wandered off and is lost. He leaves the 99 sheep huddled together in the open country and goes looking for the missing one. When he finds the missing sheep, the shepherd puts it on his shoulders, carries it home, and invites the neighbors over for a party to celebrate finding the lost sheep.
He goes on to list 5 reasons for the attraction.

Before you read his list....what is your list of reasons people like Jesus?

Thank you Jon Swanson. I think we will probably meet some day because we have a common friend who will do the introductions.

Comments

Jon Swanson said…
Hi Alan -
Thanks for stopping by and then linking.

I'll look forward to reading what your readers list as their five. (and yours!)

Popular Posts