T.R.I.P. and The Voice


Yesterday I introduced a great way to let the Lord's Voice be the first voice you hear.  Here is more instruction from those who taught me in the first place.  I have changed just a few words to fit with what I taught yesterday.  You can find more information at their website: http://www.mountcarmelministries.com/
Since 1989, Mount Carmel has been teaching people to pray the scriptures by encouraging people to ask four questions of the verse they are reading. These questions are similar to those used by Martin Luther and Walter and Ingrid Trobisch. The questions are:
  1. THANKS: What in this verse makes me thankful?
  2. REPENTANCE (Regret): What in this verse causes me to turn to the Lord?
  3. INTERCESSION (prayer): What does this text lead me to pray for?
  4. PLAN (Purpose): What action does this text encourage me to take today?
We created the acronym T.R.I.P. to help remember these four questions.
As you read the Daily Texts, you can use all or some of these questions to listen to what God is saying to you in the selected passage. Practice the T.R.I.P. pattern with John 15:4. "Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me."
THANKS: I thank you, Lord, that I am in you. And you have chosen to live in me. You want me to be fruitful in my life with you. I am able to look forward to your will being done in me because you are in me. Because you are in me, I have hope.
REGRET: I regret that I try to go it alone without asking your help.
INTERCESSION: I pray, Lord, for help in turning one thing I try to do alone over to you. (Be specific and identify the one thing you want God to carry today.)
PURPOSE: Today, any time I am inclined to take back what I turned over to you, I will say, "It's yours, God not mine."

Comments

Popular Posts